Eicosanoid Research Foundation Travel Awards for Postdoctoral Fellows
1. The ERF Travel Awards are restricted to postdoctoral fellows attending the conference.
2. The total number of travel awards and the amount of each will be decided at a later date.
3. Postdoctoral Fellows seeking ERF Travel Awards must meet the eligibility requirements and apply as follows:
a. Must be registered to attend the conference and submitted the abstract before application.
b. Collect and assemble the following documents as a PDF file and email to the address below:
i. A letter seeking the ERF Travel Award that clearly and concisely states the needs and benefits of attending the conference (one page limit).
ii. A letter from the department Chairman (or other appropriate University/Research institution official), confirming the Postdoctoral Fellow status and eligibility of the applicant.
iii. The abstract submitted for the conference.
c. Have three letters of recommendation (not exceeding one page each) emailed directly to the address below (preferably as PDF file attachments). One of the recommendation letters must be from the applicant’s mentor.
4. Application for ERF Travel Award DOES NOT preclude the applicant from participating in the contest for the Santosh Nigam Outstanding Young Investigator Award. However, application for each award must be independent of the other.
5. Deadline for the receiving all information for the Travel Awards competition is TBD.
6. An independent panel of judges will select the finalists and the awards will be announced/presented at the Gala Dinner during the conference (Tuesday, November 5, 2013). The winners MUST be present in person to receive the awards, lest they will be forfeited and presented to the runners-up at the discretion of the ERF Board of Directors.
Email address for the application and recommendation letters:
Krishnarao Maddipati -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Winners of Travel Awards
12th International Bioactive Lipids Conference
Ashok Dilly: Wayne State University, Detroit
Nathaniel Gilbert: Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge
Sungwhan F. Oh: Harvard Medical School, Boston
Ann Skulas-Ray: The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
Mahipal Suraneni: The UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, Smithville, TX
Christopher P. Thomas: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville
Dario Vitturi: University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh